Cafe menu options
Current Status: Closed
- BreakfastServed from 7:30 am - 9:30 am
- Grab 'n' Go10:30 am - 2:00 pm
- serving pizza, salad bar, deli, Panini's
- Lunch10:30 am - 2:00 pm
- hot entree specials available from 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Dinner5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Breakfast - $9.00, Lunch $10.25, Dinner $11.50, Sat/Sun Brunch $10.85
CAFE OFFICE LINE: 916-577-2378
Crossroads Cafe offers wide variety of fresh and sustainable menu items. Students, Faculty, Staff and any guest that joins us for lunch or dinner will enjoy an expanded salad bar with local ingredients including grains like quinoa and lentils. Also included in our salad bar is our Farm to Fork station offering delicious hot vegetarian, vegan, gluten-friendly and other specialty entrees. Our deli and soup bar are also sure to offer you great alternatives or complements to your meal experience. Another highlight of our café includes a brick oven offering artisan style pizzas and other delicious menu items baked to perfection. Our grill and “expo” stations offer fresh menu items, cooked just in time and personalized just for you with your choice of toppings, if you desire.
- BreakfastMon-Fri, 7:30 am - 9:30 am
- BrunchSat-Sun, 10:30 am - 1:00 pm
- LunchMon-Fri, 10:30 am - 2:00 pm
- DinnerMon-Fri, 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- DinnerSat-Sun, 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Grab 'n' GoMon-Fri, 10:30 am - 2:00 pm
- Café ClosedApr 30 - Aug 21
- café closed for summer break. Café will be open starting August 22nd.
View/Print Weekly Menu
Click HERE to view meal plans, add dining dollars and manage your DCB account.
Note: your card must be activated before funds can be loaded.
Please call 916-577-2378 with questions.
Top 5 Benefits of Our Meal Plan
5. Community — Breaking bread is an important part of university community life. On-campus dining lets you be a part of the larger college experience.
4. Food NOT out of a Box or Can — Bon Appétit cooks from scratch with recipes prepared by the onsite Executive Chef. All regular salad dressings, bread, soups and stocks for sauces are made from scratch everyday by the onsite culinary team.
3. Food with a Conscience — Our chicken and milk are antibiotic-free and fruits and vegetables are local and organic (when in season).
2. Vegetarian and Vegan Options — A wide range of vegetarian and vegan choices are offered at our Crossroads Café.
1. Peace of Mind — No worrying about packing food for lunch. Also, our meal plan dollars can’t be lost, even if your student ID card is lost
Bon Appétit Joins Forces with Hampton Creek
Hampton Creek’s groundbreaking products are all-natural and delicious! Instead of eggs, they use more sustainable ingredients (like yellow peas in Just Mayo and sorghum flour in Just Cookies) to create scrumptious foods with great texture and flavor – that are also better for the earth.
By moving to Hampton Creek products, each year we collectively:
- Avoid eating 12 million g of saturated fat and 806 million mg of sodium
- Save 4 million square feet of land and 245 million quarts of water
- Prevent almost 500,000 lbs. of carbon emissions
Eat Right — For You
Do you care about whether your food was grown locally or raised humanely? Or are you more interested in protein vs. carbs?
Whatever your priorities, we can help you chew the right thing. At Bon Appétit, we’re working toward “food service for a sustainable future.” How we define that is a mouthful, but the bottom line is that we strive to cook delicious food that’s good for you, the animals, the workers, the community, and the Earth — because they’re all connected. And we’re proud to be the first food service company to tackle many important issues in these areas.
We’re here to support you by giving the information you need to choose wisely. Visit our Wellness page for a feast of information about the roles our from-scratch cooking, nutritional approach, local sourcing, and other sustainability programs can play on your menu.
Pulses, such as lentils, are some of the most earth-friendly protein options. This salad deliciously combines them with Dijon and carrots for a comforting and flavorful lunch or dinner.» Read More
The combination of cumin, coriander, and cinnamon in this side dish creates a unique and satisfying flavor that makes it easy to focus your plate on plants.» Read More
The bright flavor of lemon pairs well with the spiciness of cinnamon in this fiber-rich salad packed with heart-healthy fats found in sunflower seeds and olive oil.» Read More
Tell Us What You Think
Do you have a specific question, suggestion, or feedback about your meal at a Bon Appétit café? Feel free to browse the previously asked questions below or contact our Bon Appétit managers using this form.
- I have been trying to eat a healthier diet. Will I be able to find a healthy food choice in the Bon Appétit café?
- Can you tell me how many calories are in the foods in the Bon Appétit café?
- How will you handle my concerns about a food allergy?